[rules-users] Temporal rules in decision table

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 14:50:52 EDT 2014

As you have Level with a field date, you can access that point in time in
milliseconds, using getTimeInMillis(). For the current time, you might
insert an object of class Current with a member now of class Calendar.

rule closest
when
    Current( $now: now )
    $level: Level( $value == 2, $date: date )
    not $x: Level( Math.abs( $x.getDate().getTimeInMillis() -
$now.getTimeInMillis() ) < Math.abs( $date.getTimeInMillis() -
$now.getTimeInMillis() ) )
then
    // $level is the Level fact closest to Current with a level of 2
end

Untested. If the long expression gives you trouble, try enclosing it in
eval(...).
-W