[rules-users] How to set streaming mode

GrantWang grant.wang at intrado.com
Thu Mar 13 11:32:46 EDT 2014

I have the following that is working.

            KieServices kieServices = KieServices.Factory.get();
    	    ReleaseId releaseId = kieServices.newReleaseId("com.company",
"drools", "0.0.1-SNAPSHOT");
    	    KieFileSystem kfs = kieServices.newKieFileSystem();
    	    kfs.generateAndWritePomXML(releaseId);
    	    addRules(kieServices, kfs);
    	    KieContainer kieContainer = kieServices.newKieContainer(releaseId);
    	    final KieSession kieSession = kieContainer.newKieSession();

Then I want to change to STREAM mode, so I tried to create the session using
KieBase, but none of my rules runs using this method (doesn't matter if
STREAM or not). I am new to drools, would someone please let me know what is
wrong in my code? (full file also attached)

//    	    KieBaseConfiguration kieBaseConf =
kieServices.newKieBaseConfiguration();
//    	    //kieBaseConf.setOption( EventProcessingOption.STREAM );
//    	    KieBase kieBase = kieContainer.newKieBase(kieBaseConf);
//    	    final KieSession kieSession = kieBase.newKieSession();

Old output with session from container:
---- no rule ----
---- hot-deploy-0.drl ----
DRL started: insertion A inserted