[rules-users] Avoid parsiong project pom.xml when running Drools

Mario Fusco mario.fusco at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:02:10 EDT 2014

Ok Dominik,

now the problem is clearer and I can explain you why it is also trying to
parse the pom of the running project (I must admit I forgot this detail): it
is just trying to figure out if you declared some additional repository in
that pom so it could try to download the KieProject also from there.

I think we should keep this feature but also fail silently (or probably just
emit a warning) when for any reason we are not able to parse that pom as in
your case. This means that when this happens we will just use the
repositories declared in your settings.xml file.

I'll file a ticket in our issue tracker and then fix this problem.

Thanks a lot for having reported this,
Mario