[rules-users] Broken KIE-WB binary for Tomcat 7

Sandjaja, Dominik dominik.sandjaja at it-motive.de
Tue Mar 18 05:07:35 EDT 2014

Hello,

I just tried to install the KIE-Workbench on Tomcat 7 out of the downloaded file kie-drools-wb-distribution-6.0.1.Final.zip with authentication.

It turns out that obviously the web.xml inside the WAR in binaries/kie-drools-wb-distribution-wars-6.0.1.Final-tomcat7.0.war is wrong. It is missing some elements which have to do with authentication so that the whole installation process, described in the README.txt does not work.

In 6.1.0.Beta1, that problem is fixed.

On the other hand, the kie-tomcat-integration-6.1.0.Beta1.jar seems to be broken, at least I can't start my tomcat with that one in the lib folder. This problem can be circumvented by using kie-tomcat-integration-6.0.1.Final.jar instead, that one works.

In total: Only the .war from 6.1.0.Beta1 together with kie-tomcat-integration from 6.0.1.Final is a working combination on a Tomcat 7.0.26.

That seems a bit sad, given that this combination should not be the most uncommon one (running KIE-WB on Tomcat). You guys are making it really hard to switch to Drools 6 ...

Regards
Dominik

…………………………………………………………………
mit freundlichen Grüßen / kind regards
Dominik Sandjaja
Fon: +49 (0) 203 60878 183
Fax: +49 (0) 203 60878 222
e-mail: dominik.sandjaja at it-motive.de

it-motive AG
Zum Walkmüller 6
47269 Duisburg
info at it-motive.de
http://www.it-motive.de
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr.-Ing. Jürgen Sturm
Vorstand: Horst-Dieter Deelmann (Vors.),  Matthias Heming, Christoph Tim Klose
HRB 9207, Amtsgericht Duisburg