[rules-users] How to allow non-programmers/non-Drools programmers to define rules

ankit3j ankit3j at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 06:11:07 EDT 2014

I am a newbie to Drools and have been looking for a way to allow
non-programmers, mostly administrative guys, to define rules using a simple
language format and minimum coding terms/effort. I came across the concept
of DSL and DSLR and found it useful.

However, it seems that to use DSL one needs to have a knowledge of
domain(Java) objects defined. Not only does it defeat the purpose it also
exposes my Java objects to users. DSLR seems to be a better alternative
which can be modified by user. But it seems that DSLR is derived from DSL.

Which one of these 2 should actually be defined/written by user and uploaded
in the system so that backend can create rules based on it?