[rules-users] How to allow non-programmers/non-Drools programmers to define rules

rjr201 rich.j.riley at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 07:36:48 EDT 2014

DSL's are ok up to a point. However I've found it's sometimes easier to
create very simple java classes and teach users the basics of the drools
language.

It's really down to the problem you are trying to solve.

Have you looked into using spreadsheets? If you can fit your
problem/solution into the spreadsheet format then I would strongly recommend
you use that approach. Business users understand spreadsheets, and it
reduces the risk of users making syntax/logic errors (spreadsheets
essentially provide a template in which the user fills in parameters).