[rules-users] 6.0.1.F How to set Maven repo used by KieScanner?

SrjTx clickthex at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 11:36:48 EDT 2014

Ok, so I am doing the following.

In my init, i create a container and a scanner

		kieContainer = kieServices.newKieContainer(releaseId);
		kieScanner = kieServices.newKieScanner(kieContainer);

Then later ,when my timer fires, call the scanner - which I know has updated
the module,
     kieContainer.newKieSession("DroolsSession")
does NOT pick up the changes.

I also tried     kieContainer.updateToVersion(releaseId);
     kieContainer.newKieSession("DroolsSession")
does NOT pick up the changes.

Doing
    remove setting up the container and the scanner in init and do the
following when my timer fires

     kieContainer = kieServices.newKieContainer(releaseId);
     kieScanner = kieServices.newKieScanner(kieContainer);
     kieContainer.newKieSession("DroolsSession")
DOES PICKUP the changes.

Is this right, it seems like I shouldn't have to recreate the container?