[rules-users] When Guvnor is down.

san_hegde santhosh.hegde at hp.com
Thu Mar 27 00:42:47 EDT 2014

Hi All,

We are facing a problem i.e. when Guvnor is down our application then fails to scan the resource in Guvnor, and after that even if Guvnor comes up, the scanner wont scan that resource.  In the log I can see that number of resource scanning is 0.

That means if that happens then our application goes for toss forever till we next restart our application.

We are using spring integration for resource scanning. Below is the code used for that

       <drools:resource id="resource"
              source="ruleEngineURL"
              type="CHANGE_SET" />

       <drools:resource-change-scanner id="s1"
              interval="3600" />

I also read that we can configure such a way that when Guvnor is down then  local cached resource can be used, and when Guvnor comes up then it starts reading from Guvnor.

Do you know what configuration I have to use to achieve that.

We are using drools and Guvnor 5.2 version.

Thank you
Santhosh Hegde A