[rules-users] Editing Action in Guided decision table ruins the action.

Ioannis Christodoulou io.christod at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 06:38:35 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
I'm using the latest stable kie workbench (6.0.1.Final) and I have created
a guided decision table containing an action with free form brl.

Whenever I try to edit this action and press apply changes, kie workbench
will duplicate the action (creating the new/edited action, while keeping
the old one) and will not allow me to remove (by clicking on the minus
icon) the old action.

If I try to validate the guided decision table, I get an error saying
"Unable to complete your request. The following exception occurred: rowData
contains a different number of columns to those provided".

The only solution I found is to remove the action that I need to edit and
re-create it. But this means that I have to re-enter the parameters in my
rules.

Example action:
/*MyUtils is a custom class and I am calling a static method passing
arguments: a string taken as a parameter from each rule and a Level object
matched in the rule.
*/
MyUtils.calculateLevel( "@{level_value}", $level);

The issue appears if I try to change that by clicking on the edit (pencil)
icon to (or any other change actually):
MyUtils.calculateLevel("@{level_value}", "@{another_value}", $level);

Kind regards