[rules-users] halting on sub-optimal solution

nkgxgongxi nkgxgongxi at gmail.com
Fri May 2 11:06:01 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me by providing me some advice on how to make the
searching more efficient?

I wrote a program based on OptaPlanner to solve a scheduling problem, and I
knew the expected optimal solution. My program runs well to keep finding
better solution, however, when it comes to a solution which is really close
to the optimal one, the program just halts there. I mean, it keeps
searching, but can't reach the optimal even after 10hrs of running time.

I am currently using tabu search and simulate Annealing to control the local
search, and I have tried several different combinations of parameters, but
there is no improvement found.

I will appreciate your help.

Regards,
Gong