[rules-users] Excel Syntax in Decision Tables

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue May 13 13:44:06 EDT 2014

That's weird, and it looks like a bug in the build process to me: Java
literals are the same for byte, short and int. (CC-ing dev for
possible follow-up: You may be asked to furnish a minimal test case.)

As a workaround, use this in the Action column:
   ...; TaskTemplate1.setId( (short)$param );...

(Note 1: Using "short" is pretty pointless unless you need to store a
large number in an array. Note 2: Follow Java conventions for names
for class fields and variables.)

-W