[seam-dev] WebResource

Nicklas Karlsson nickarls at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 03:11:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

  Working on the s:debug tag and loading of css/js/image resources I
noticed WebResource, how is it used? Are you just supposed to put your
stuff
in subpackages of org.jboss.seam.ui.resource?

  I notice that there are a few custom implementations of
AbstractResource but since all I'd like to do is serve static
resources from a JAR file, would
it be a good idea if there would be some sort of general
WebResourceStore (in the same manner as there is a GraphicImageStore)
and the WebResource
would use the WebResourceStore in the same manner as
GraphicImageResource uses GraphicImageStore (although that one seems
to be used for one-time-fetches)?

I could then e.g. in my tag encode do

  Check that resources are not already added
  Get byte[] from resource
  ResourceWrapper wrapper = new ResourceWrapper(bytedata, mimetype);
  WebResourceStore.instance().put(wrapper, stringhandle)

and then have the resources available in session scope...

---
Nik