[seam-dev] JBoss Seam 2.2.x in central Maven repository

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 15:52:50 EDT 2010

2010/4/3 Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak at wp.pl>

> Hi,
>

> I'm the author of Seam-Per4j [1] (an add-on which allows to use Perf4j
> from applications using Seam) and I would like to put it into central
> Maven repository. I've found a nice guide [2], but one of the
> requirements is to have all dependency already available in the central
> repository. JBoss Seam is not there.
>
> Do you plan to put JBoss Seam into central Maven repository (or rather
> what problems caused that it haven't been put it there)?
>

> [1] - http://seam-perf4j.sourceforge.net/
> [2] -
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
>
> Actually, the proper guide is here:

http://nexus.sonatype.org/oss-repository-hosting.html

Many of the newer JBoss Community projects, such as Weld, Seam 3,
ShrinkWrap, Arquillian, now publish to the Maven central repository by
default. Committing to this from the beginning makes it a much more
reasonable goal.

Going back to Seam 2 and trying to sync to central is much more difficult in
comparison because Seam's dependencies are already established and a good
portion of them are not in the central repository. If there were a
community initiative to ensure all Seam 2 artifacts are in Maven central,
then I would be willing to say that we'd publish Seam 2 to Maven central. Do
keep in mind, though, that every dependency must be in central for us to be
permitted (by the Sonatype policy) to put Seam 2 in central (no external
repositories allowed).

Here's the publishing information for Weld, for reference:
http://seamframework.org/Weld/WeldReleasesGettingStarted

Registered Linux User #231597