[seam-dev] JBoss Seam 2.2.x in central Maven repository

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 15:58:49 EDT 2010

2010/4/3 Marcin Zajączkowski <mszpak at wp.pl>

> On 2010-04-03 13:48, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> > not at the global JBoss level
> >
> > http://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenRepository-FAQ
> > Will JBoss.org artifacts automatically be synced to the central Maven
> repository?
> >
> > Not at this time.  There are plans to provide the capability to
> automatically sync release aritfacts to the central Maven repository in a
> future release of the JBoss.org repositories, but this will not be available
> in the first release.
>
> Thanks for your answer.
>
> That's great there are some works in progress to improve the situation,
> but currently project dependent on Seam (like mine) not being able to
> get from public Maven repository have to be installed by hand by
> everyone wanting to use them.
>
> Is it known a date of "the second release"?
>
> I wouldn't wait for it. The merging of a repository like jboss.org into
central requires a lot of coordination and analysis. That's primarily
because Sonatype wants to maintain strict policies about the artifacts that
go into central (based on the POM metadata), for good reason.

Someone may be able to help you get your library into the
jboss.orgrepository. JBoss developers frequently put external projects
there, usually
because one of the JBoss projects depends on it. But if someone on the Seam
team would be willing to put seam-perf4j in there, then sure. I'm too tight
on time right now to volunteer.

Registered Linux User #231597