[seam-dev] Seam 3 space on JBoss Community

Lincoln Baxter, III lincolnbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 16:33:58 EDT 2010

Gavin,

I can understand your frustration with the Hibernate migration - the
jboss.org hibernate site is broken - I'm sure Mark's team is working on it
diligently.

This, however, is not quite the same situation, since we are not suggesting
a migration, but a new beginning.

Seam 3 is truly a fresh start, and will not require migration of
documentation or content. (Save a few module-specific design pages that we
can easily transition over to the JBoss community as we need.)

I can personally submit my frustration as a new module lead -
seamframework.org is not enough to meet my needs in:

   1. Engaging the community - promoting the project.
   2. Staying aware of what the community is doing, asking for, struggling
   with, talking about. I'm cut out completely on seamframework.org. I can't
   get email notifications, I can't paste links to replies, other threads on
   the site itself, or URLs with query=parameters (without using the  plain
   text mode which is just terrible.)
   3. Providing logically organized, clear, and navigable information. How
   can I establish the expectations and guidelines for development on these
   modules when I can't put that on a site that isn't confused with Seam 2
   already?

These are just a few of the issues I've encountered - aside from the fact
that the site is frequently down and is always semi-responsive (5-15s per
request). It's struggling to keep up with our needs.

If I am going to be successful here (my employment depends on my success
with these modules, at this point) I only request the proper tools to
achieve my goals.
---Lincoln

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Gavin King <gavin.king at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > For those who want to see what a mess this would be, go check out the
> > new, broken, hibernate.
>
> hibernate.org
>
> --
> Gavin King