[seam-dev] Helping solve problems on the forums

Jason Porter lightguard.jp at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:27:43 EDT 2011

Those that were at the meeting (or read the minutes / logs) know this is
something I'm trying to figure out. This new model (
http://www.managementexchange.com/story-36) used at Red Hat I think makes a
lot of sense, and something I'm trying to leverage (or will from here out).
The part that I think we're missing right now is the Knowledge Base that our
users can search. I know the answer is going to Seam University, but it's
not here yet. However, when it is here, I want to make sure there is a
simple way to mark a forum thread as resolved (maybe we need distinctions as
to the type of thread: discussion, question, call for help, etc) and have
that added to the knowledge base and analyzed for themes, keywords, etc.
This may be something to bring up with Mark Newton as well.

Enough about Seam University, do any of the module leads have a problem if
the forum moderator (whomever that may be) emails or otherwise pings (I've
been doing this for a few weeks now) the module lead to lend a hand when
appropriate? I know we discussed this idea a little bit in the meeting and
the general consensus seemed to be allowing the community to try and solve
problems on there own (which isn't happening, IMO due to a lack of knowledge
about the modules outside of the developers) before one us jumps in with a
solution. I'm trying to do what's best for Seam and make sure no one gets
overwhelmed.

--
Jason Porter
http://lightguard-jp.blogspot.com