[seam-dev] Helping solve problems on the forums

Ken Finnigan ken at kenfinnigan.me
Mon May 23 20:25:19 EDT 2011

I think the Red Hat model is a good idea.  Treating forum posts as an
extension of a Customer Service touchpoint will assist in recognizing
critical problems or issues quickly so they can be resolved promptly.  I
certainly think categorizing forum posts is important, similar to
jboss.orgmarking them as questions which are answered.

>From the article, the concept of "domains" seems to fit well with Seam
modules, as there will be community members that have knowledge of specific
modules but not necessarily all.

As discussed at the meeting, I think the first step is for the leads to sign
up for the forum mailing list or RSS feed, and then the forum moderator
could send an email/IM prompt as a secondary notice to the lead as a follow
up?

These are all great steps Jason, thanks for thinking about these often
forgotten aspects of a software product.

Ken