[seam-dev] Arquillian : Help needed

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue May 31 12:05:18 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 12:10, Antoine Sabot-Durand <
antoine at sabot-durand.net> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Marek,
>
> Yes it greatly helps : you're my Hero :-). I was far from the truth. I'll
> try this tonight.
> BTW will there be something more convenient to define the deployment
> archive in Arquillian ? Am I the only one to find it a bit fastidious like
> this ?

Rest assured you are not the first to ask. Part of it is that Arquillian
requires a different way of thinking. It's harder to setup because all the
integration test frameworks were just working in a monolithic way. We have
been discussing the possibility of adding wider globs, such as all the
classes in the project using a built-in reference. The other part of it is
that the first test you write is always the hardest, because you have to
define all the foundation stuff. Then you can refactor that into a static
helper on which you build. And it becomes much more straightforward.

I hate having to say it's hard for a reason, but there is a good reason. My
hope is that we find the right balance as time goes on. The Seam team plays
a vital role as users of Arquillian to help steer it as needed.

Registered Linux User #231597

http://www.google.com/profiles/dan.j.allen#about