[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] Teiid In JCA Container

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Sat Oct 24 16:51:38 EDT 2009

Ted and Van,

On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 12:00 -0400, Ted Jones wrote:
> Up until now, Van and I were under the impression that Teiid discovery in 6.3 for Jopr (Teiid Console) may and likely WOULD change, but the core functionality made available through the Admin API would not. Based on this thread it sounds like both discovery and configuration will be completely different. Instead of doing a lot of work on the console that will get tossed, we need to put the Teiid console development on hold until all the design decisions are made regarding deployment and configuration of Teiid for 6.3. We need to be included in any decisions made regarding the final approaches. Also, Van and I can be used as resources for implementing the configuration approach which will allow us to more easily add the necessary hooks to the Teiid Jopr plugin.

Thanks for the offer of help. Based on your expertise on JON and JOPR
plugin development in configuring the systems we could use in designing
for Teiid. So, if you have ideas on how other systems did, please
respond to the thread with your ideas.

Based on the discussions so far, a Teiid "connector" will be replaced
with JCA connector. There are already ways to create/manage the JCA
connector through profile service (look at JBoss AS JOPR plug-in).

Now for Teiid how can we use this? Do we really need a separate place
where we can manage this? or what offered through JBossAS plug-in
sufficient?, if not what we need in there to satisfy our needs?

VDB management is something we still need to do though the Teiid JOPR
plugin. If deploying a VDB is similar to deploying WAR file how can we
accomplish this? Because it would be no different than that.

What kind of support that JBossAs JOPR plugin provide for the creating
the security domains or mapping roles because we are going to make use
of those, if not can we contribute? are these planned for Teiid plug-in?

So, my point is you guys can help me identify the gaps between the what
is being offered already by "JBossAS" plugin, and what we need for Teiid
plugin. I identified the places where the changes are happening. Since I
do not know what all things planned for Teiid plugin I can not comment.
Then we will start filling in those gaps. Is there a WIKI document I can
see what is being done in Teiid plugin?

Thanks

Ramesh..