[teiid-designer-dev] metadata changes

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Fri Oct 23 21:43:34 EDT 2009

As per a previous email about further cleaning up metadata (primarily the removal of the index connector), I am ready to move forward with the commit set to address TEIID-871 TEIID-792 TEIID-102 TEIID-254 TEIID-869 TEIID-875.

A few notes on the initial changes:
- It leaves out the ODBC OA views - these need more work and can be added back when we add optional support (including the JDBC bridge code) for OA.
- It marginally slows down the unit tests - vdb metadata is fully loaded on first use - the loading is not-optimal and the object model is not cached.  Both will be addressed.
- It does not yet change JDBC metadata representation of catalog/schema/table names.

Also this will change the System.vdb.  Since the metadata project has forked, the System.vdb will need to be manually added to the Designer metadata project.

Steve