[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] Teiid In JCA Container

Ted Jones tejones at redhat.com
Mon Oct 26 10:58:29 EDT 2009

Ramesh,

Here is a working doc we have regarding Jopr for Teiid: https://docspace.corp.redhat.com/clearspace/docs/DOC-20809
It's sort of open-ended since the direction is dependent on the ever-evolving direction of Teiid, but it should give you a good idea of Jopr capabilities we plan on leveraging. This doc was written with the expectation that the Admin API was going to be around moving forward, but that assumption seems to be in question now??

> Based on the discussions so far, a Teiid "connector" will be replaced
> with JCA connector. There are already ways to create/manage the JCA
> connector through profile service (look at JBoss AS JOPR plug-in).
> Now for Teiid how can we use this? Do we really need a separate place
> where we can manage this? or what offered through JBossAS plug-in
> sufficient?, if not what we need in there to satisfy our needs?

We can re-use/extend plugins so we should be able to take what the JBossAS plugin is doing and make it our own.

> VDB management is something we still need to do though the Teiid JOPR
> plugin. If deploying a VDB is similar to deploying WAR file how can we
> accomplish this? Because it would be no different than that.

We can re-use the war deployment logic and add VDB verbiage in our Teiid plugin.

> What kind of support that JBossAs JOPR plugin provide for the creating
> the security domains or mapping roles because we are going to make use
> of those, if not can we contribute? are these planned for Teiid plug-in?

That's something Van and I have on our list for discussion. If we can assume that we are going to be deployed in JBossAs and ONLY JBossAS, then the Jopr plugin DOES have Tomcat user/group/role management capabilities that we could utilize.

Thanks,
Ted