[teiid-designer-dev] Connection Factories

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Fri Apr 9 10:30:20 EDT 2010

----- "Barry Lafond" <blafond at redhat.com> wrote:

> IF there is ANY use-case involving "Developers" to work with MULTIPLE Vdb's and MULTIPLE Teiid instances from DESIGNER, then I'd lean more toward keep CF management feature in. Ramesh points out some possible ones that do make sense. Designer is going to have the API to implement this feature so we'd have to deliberately not expose it.

I have a use case, but I don't think you're going to like it, and we probably won't support it for now given the conversation we've had on client versions. Developing on different versions of Teiid within the same Designer instance.

It's also not hard for me to imagine that some of our more security conscious users would compartmentalize data across different physical systems/different networks. Now that I think about it I know of one existing user who does this. They develop VDBs for networks with different security profiles.