[teiid-designer-dev] [teiid-dev] Defining Data Roles

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Feb 8 10:14:34 EST 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-04 at 14:37 -0500, Ted Jones wrote:
> So the roles would be defined in the Designer and the users would be created and assigned to the roles in JON?
>
> If so, that seems like a reasonable approach.

No, the role references will be created in the Designer, and those
references will be mapped to actual roles in the JON/JOPR. In the
absence of this mapping, runtime will try to use the reference name as
actual name. This will help us through testing at design time with out
use of another tool to configure these details.

Creation of a user or creation of role is not the functionality of this
module, those should be handled by who ever handles security domains.
Currently I do not see this in the JOPR tool, that is something we need
to open a dialog with JOPR team and see where this is on their roadmap.

Ramesh..