[teiid-designer-dev] VDB configuration

John Doyle jdoyle at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 11:16:41 EDT 2010

Perhaps I'm missing some complications.  Are we talking about syncing the file on disk with the various views, or the file on disk with the deployed VDB?

And I do mean for the user to edit, otherwise, like Dan, I see no point. The plugin.xml (MANIFEST.MF, build.properties) is the model I have in mind.

As far as the typical user of Designer goes, I'm actually trying to build a bridge between the 'historical' user of Designer, for whom we want to maintain our high level of usability and the ability to 'just click the button', and what I perceive as the typical JBoss user, who edits configuration files by hand and doesn't like that things they don't understand happen when they 'just click the button.  It will certainly be more work for us to provide both of these paradigms, maybe even double the work, and I'm not arguing that we do it today, but I think it's the right direction.

~jd