[teiid-designer-users] Teiid Designer Installation

John Verhaeg jverhaeg at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 13:08:34 EDT 2009

Salvatore,

Just in case it's not clear from the Wiki document alone, the Designer
runs within Eclipse, and therefore require developers interested in
building it to first install Eclipse, ensuring you have the PDE
components installed as described near to beginning of the Wiki
document.  The Designer code must then be checked-out into an Eclipse
workspace using the steps described under the SVN section of the
document.  Once these steps have been completed, you can either run
the Designer as described in the document, or you can produce your own
installable and executable distribution by running the Ant build that
exists in the org.teiid.designer-feature plug-in.  This latter method
of building Designer is not yet described because we're currently in
the middle of overhauling the process to make it more maintainable.

Hope this helps,

JPAV