[teiid-users] Simple example (reading a CSV file) needed

Torsten Schlabach TSchlabach at gmx.net
Mon Aug 24 06:17:10 EDT 2009

Dear list!

I am currently trying to make sense of Teiid. I am trying to follow the Quick Start Example at:

http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/6.1/quick-start-guide/en-US/html/

While it's clear to me how this is supposed to work, I fail to put it into practice. I am looking at:

http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/6.1/quick-start-guide/en-US/html/example-explained.html#step-2

Where in the Designer would I have to create those two files? Looking at the examples in the designer, I cannot spot any files which look like that.

Then actually, on the next page:

http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/6.1/quick-start-guide/en-US/html/designer.html

> 1. Switch to the Designer Perspective, by opening the "Window->Open
>    Perspective.."

Ok, no problem!

> 2. Create new "Model Project", using "File->New->ModelProject"

Also no problem!

> 3. Import the Derby database's "account" schema into a source model.

How would I do that???

> 4. Manually create the source model for the "Text File". Create a Table
     called "Price" with "stock" and "price" as column names

Again, how would I do that? I don't see anything called "Source Model" in my designer.

Also for the remaining steps, I just cannot find the elements in my designer which the steps talk about.

Any hints are welcome!

Regards,
Torsten