[teiid-users] Simple example (reading a CSV file) needed

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Mon Aug 24 13:23:43 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 12:17 +0200, Torsten Schlabach wrote:
> Where in the Designer would I have to create those two files? Looking at the examples in the designer, I cannot spot any files which look like that.
These are simple text files, you can create them using any text editor
either using eclipse or some other external editor.

> > 3. Import the Derby database's "account" schema into a source model.
>
> How would I do that???
If go to File -> Import -> Import from JDBC
once the wizard comes up follow it to define the connection and
importing metadata
http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/designer/6.0/user-guide/importers-chapter.html#jdbc-import-section

> > 4. Manually create the source model for the "Text File". Create a Table
>      called "Price" with "stock" and "price" as column names
>
> Again, how would I do that? I don't see anything called "Source Model" in my designer.

see
http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/designer/6.0/user-guide/newmodels-chapter.html#new-relational-source-model

> Also for the remaining steps, I just cannot find the elements in my designer which the steps talk about.
>
> Any hints are welcome!

There is video, for which a link is missing. Watch this
http://docs.jboss.org/teiid/6.1/quick-start-guide/en-US/html/images/EmbeddedDesignerExampleVideo.swf

Hope this helps.

Ramesh..