[teiid-users] Understanding Connectors

Ramesh Reddy rareddy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 10:26:02 EDT 2009

Torsten,

> In the Designer perspective, first of all, I had some problems defining
> a connector at all, until I found out that I will only see the
> connectors which I have defined after I disable the "Hide connector
> types" button.

I agree, the Connectors window kind of over shadows your connector by
showing all the connector types. I wish "Hide Connector Types" was "on"
by default. I added the following JIRA for usability of Designer
 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/TEIIDDES-222

> I then defined my connector and dragged my model into it. That part
> seems to be fine.
>
> Just when I go to my VDB definition, on the "Execute" page, I need to
> assign a connector in order for my VDB to be able to execute.
>
> But I just cannot select my pre-defined connector there as the "Loaded
> Connectors" tab is empty. I can define a new connector there, using the
> same properties as my existing connector, but just using a different
> name, and it will work fine.
>
> Is there anything I don't quite understand or did I find some kind of bug?

"Loaded Connectors" tab should show the previously created connector.
This is a bug. I added https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/TEIIDDES-223

Good question, as to why we give option to specify a different
Connector. VDB is the final artifact, that will be deployed in other
development or production enthronements, and often the sources they
represent in each environment is different, thus we give an option to
specify for user to test against a different source than before.

Thanks.

Ramesh..