[teiid-users] Question on Applet accessing vdb deployed in JBoss AS

Hong Yi hongyi at renci.org
Tue Jun 8 15:09:17 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have installed JBoss Application Server on my Fedora linux, embedded teiid runtime in JBoss AS, created teiid vdb data source in JBoss AS, and started the server successfully. I have also been able to write a JSP jdbc client to access the teiid vdb and print results back to the browser http://localhost:8080/jdbcclient/client.jsp by following the example along and adding modification as needed. But I cannot get an Applet working to access the teiid vdb deployed through JBoss AS and teiid runtime. I followed the similar code as client.jsp in Applet but Applet has been having problem to get initial context via JNDI although jsp can do so successfully. Is there an example or pointers somewhere that show how to write an Applet to access teiid vdb via JBoss AS?

On a related note, could you point me to where I can find steps/instructions on how to bind JBoss Application server to a real URL address rather than the default http://localhost:8080?

Thank you very much for any information on this in advance!

Hong