[teiid-users] issues related to TEIID-1237

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 7 17:50:11 EDT 2010

To be more clear, the parser will accept the existing syntax, but any toString of the resulting command (such as what happens in Designer) would cause output to be in the expected form.

Another approach to getting the update counts would be to introduce another reserved variable, such as ROWCOUNT.  Then something like "ROWS_UPDATED = INSERT ...;" would get parsed into "INSERT ...; ROWS_UPDATED = VARIABLES.ROWCOUNT;".  We could add a validation to 7.1.1 that treats ROWCOUNT as reserved for forward compatibility and then there is no potential of a subtle breaking change.  ROWCOUNT could also be used for other purposes, such as Oracle's SQL%rowcount that can also tell you the position of the cursor for non-update statements.