[teiid-users] procedure validation in 7.1.1

Steven Hawkins shawkins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 14 13:01:05 EDT 2010

Hello all,

If there are no objections, I'd like to commit the additional changes for https://jira.jboss.org/browse/TEIID-1294.  This would make VARIABLES.ROWCOUNT reserved and disallow the use of variable assignments from procedures, unless the procedure has a return parameter.  Each of these could be a breaking change, but would have a very clear workaround (rename the variable, or use a scalar subquery that selects the appropriate out param or resultset column respectively).  These validations will allow us to clean up our assignment syntax in 7.2 without breaking compatibility with 7.1.1.

Steve