[undertow-dev] Overriding Authentication Mechanism for the deployment

Stuart Douglas sdouglas at redhat.com
Mon May 13 21:24:35 EDT 2013

You could do something like that, however you would still need a factory
class that took the ServletContext as a parameter as Authenticators by
themselves have no direct way of getting access to the servlet context.

This is because the AuthenticationMechanism is part of Undertow core,
which as no servlet dependency (a big reason for this split is that we
don't want any servlet dependency in the EAP management console, but we
do need full authentication support).

So if we need the factory anyway my personal preference would be to make
it accept its configuration parameters in the same place it is defined,
so it is obvious how it is configured.

Stuart