[undertow-dev] Reverse proxy

Geetha D R geethdr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 13:55:04 EDT 2017

Hi All,

I want to reverse proxy a bunch of different internal applications using
Undertow <http://undertow.io/>.

For example my applications are:

   - https://secure.stage.org/application1/index.jsp
   - https://cee.stage.org/application2/default.aspx

Every request to these applications should go through the proxy server -
The proxy server in turn sets the authentication token on these requests
and fulfils the request, the response is sent back to the client browser
without exposing the authentication token to the client browser i.e., the
single sign on cookie is not sent to the browser.

When I setup my proxy to say localhost:7001 and try to hit any of the
applications for example https://cee.stage.org/application2/default.aspx -
this request should go through proxy server and the proxy is responsible to
inject to single sign on cookie and request the target application - proxy
sends back the response from the target app.

I am not sure how to implement this in undertow? Can you please provide
your suggestions
--
Thanks
Geetha DR