[webbeans-dev] Re: Web Beans Alpha 1 preview (please test!)

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Sun Dec 21 15:41:43 EST 2008

On 21 Dec 2008, at 20:31, Jay Balunas wrote:

> The new snapshot is working much better :-)
>
> Examples:
> ---------------
> Both examples deployed fine (including both together - WBRI-71).
> The basic functionality of the applications worked great - there are
> some minor things, but nothing critical to behavior or framework.
> I'll put in some minor jira's to cover them.  I covered all the
> basic ant commands - clean, deploy, explode, restart, etc...
>
> The only issue that could be confusing for new users is the examples
> readme.txt needs to be updated.

Thanks - I updated it to point at the ref guide.

> Building from source:
> -----------------------
> Executing "mvn install" or "mvn test" results in the error below -
> because there is no "examples" module in the zips

Ok, I've been planning to remove the examples from the main build -
they shouldn't really be part of it. That fixes this.

> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /Users/balunasj/projects/
> webbeans/alpha1_cr2/webbeans-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/src/examples/pom.xml (No
> such file or directory)
>
> The other (non-doc) modules all built, tested, and installed fine
> when "mvn install" executed from within the module.
>
> The reference module would not build with the error in reference-
> build.txt
> <reference-build.txt>

I added a note to the readme, telling people just to call mvn to build
the module (the install target for the reference docs isn't necessary,
and assumes translations running, which you don't want locally).

Thanks for the help Jay!