[webbeans-dev] Re: Web Beans Alpha 1 preview (please test!)

Jay Balunas tech4j at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 08:21:09 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 3:41 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 21 Dec 2008, at 20:31, Jay Balunas wrote:
>
> The new snapshot is working much better :-)
> Examples:
> ---------------
> Both examples deployed fine (including both together - WBRI-71).  The basic
> functionality of the applications worked great - there are some minor
> things, but nothing critical to behavior or framework.  I'll put in some
> minor jira's to cover them.  I covered all the basic ant commands - clean,
> deploy, explode, restart, etc...
>
> I have entered these.

> The only issue that could be confusing for new users is the examples
> readme.txt needs to be updated.
>

> Thanks - I updated it to point at the ref guide.

Confirmed

> Building from source:
> -----------------------
> Executing "mvn install" or "mvn test" results in the error below - because
> there is no "examples" module in the zips
>

> Ok, I've been planning to remove the examples from the main build - they
> shouldn't really be part of it. That fixes this.

I see some changes in the svn structure, and I am attempting to build the
dist, but running into this error:

[INFO]
     [java]
/Users/balunasj/projects/webbeans/svn/trunk/webbeans/ri/trunk/dist/build.xml:123:
/Users/balunasj/projects/webbeans/svn/trunk/webbeans/ri/trunk/reference-guide
is not a valid directory
     [java] at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Java.setupWorkingDir(Java.java:831)

This happens whether I execute "ant dist ..." in the dist directory or
reference it from base.  Not sure if this is an issue with my setup or
something is missing.

> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> /Users/balunasj/projects/webbeans/alpha1_cr2/webbeans-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/src/examples/pom.xml
> (No such file or directory)
>
> The other (non-doc) modules all built, tested, and installed fine when "mvn
> install" executed from within the module.
>
> The reference module would not build with the error in reference-build.txt
> <reference-build.txt>
>

> I added a note to the readme, telling people just to call mvn to build the
> module (the install target for the reference docs isn't necessary, and
> assumes translations running, which you don't want locally).

yup I saw this.

> Thanks for the help Jay!

np

blog: http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Jay