[webbeans-dev] Terminology

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 11:32:04 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 11:10 AM, Gavin King <gavin at hibernate.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM, Pete Muir <pmuir at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> As I said before, I prefer bean to type/class/EJB
>>
>> Web Bean -> contextual bean
>> simple Web Bean -> contextual JavaBean
>> enterprise Web Bean -> contextual EJB
>
> Not all simple Web Beans are JavaBeans:
>
> * they don't have to have a default constructor
> * they don't have to be serializable

True, but then again the term "bean" does not necessarily imply
"JavaBean", so there is room for the new semantics (I think). I have
always liked contextual bean/JavaBean/EJB, for what it's worth.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Software consultant | Author of Seam in Action

http://mojavelinux.com
http://mojavelinux.com/seaminaction

NOTE: While I make a strong effort to keep up with my email on a daily
basis, personal or other work matters can sometimes keep me away
from my email. If you contact me, but don't hear back for more than a week,
it is very likely that I am excessively backlogged or the message was
caught in the spam filters.  Please don't hesitate to resend a message if
you feel that it did not reach my attention.