[webbeans-dev] Re: @Supports

Scott Ferguson ferg at caucho.com
Sun Nov 23 14:17:12 EST 2008

On Nov 23, 2008, at 10:56 AM, Gavin King wrote:

>> Why does QueueEndpoint implement any interfaces?  That looks like an
>> implementation detail that doesn't need to be exposed to the users.
>
> In this case it probably doesn't make sense, since we don't inject
> QueueEndpoint directly. However in other cases it would be useful.

Do you have an example in mind?  I don't understand what use case is
motivating the auto-proxy generation feature.

> Notice that I said "let you", not "require you to".

Sure, but the feature still needs to make sense.  I like the JMS
generalization, but don't see what the proxy capability adds to the
spec.  Or if that auto-proxy generation is useful in itself, shouldn't
it be decoupled from the @Produces concept?

-- Scott