[weld-dev] Generic beans

Gavin King gavin.king at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 16:47:39 EST 2009

OK, so I had a great idea today. If we can successfully implement this
as a portable extension, it should form the foundation of a lot of
stuff we implement in Seam3 (for example, Drools, JMS and JPA
integration).

Take a look at this:

http://www.seamframework.org/Weld/PortableExtensionsPackage#H-GenericBeans

Would someone please look into exactly how hard this is to implement
on the CDI 1.0 SPI? I think it's possible, though we might end up with
some annoying limitations.

I think this can *really* clean up the configuration of things like
persistence contexts, JMS sessions, Drools rule bases, etc. Now,
instead of several entries in an XML file, the user just writes a
single producer field declaration. It also dramatically simplifies the
implementation of this kind of PE.

gavin.king at gmail.com