[webbeans-dev] Inter-module accessibility

Pete Muir pmuir at redhat.com
Mon Jun 29 13:32:04 EDT 2009

All,

I've written up a proposal on how to address inter-module
accessibility rules. http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4240819#4240819

Internally to Web Beans I plan to implement this as a BeanManager-per-
BeanDeploymentArchive, with each BeanManager able to resolve against
it's own Bean's and any that are in accessible deployment archives
using the order specified by the container. The only user-visible
stuff that will remain application wide are contexts; non-user-visible
stuff to remain application wide includes the client proxy pool,
container provided services (such as EJB integration) and the task
executor pool.

This will also have an impact on the EJB/JPA integration SPI, as it
will allow us to pass the BeanDeploymentArchive instance when
resolving EJBs/PUs/PCs and so have better knowledge of which archive
to load the bean from.

I would welcome any feedback, both on implementing this in JBoss AS,
GlassFish etc. and on whether the API can be tweaked to better reflect
Java EE application assembly. We can either discuss on the forum or
here on webbeans-dev