[weld-dev] Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Gurkan Erdogdu gurkanerdogdu at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 27 13:53:52 EDT 2009

Hi;

Does the 299 specification indicate that interceptors and decorators should
not be called for dependent scoped beans?

Currently we do not implement Interceptor/Decorator on @Dependent scoped beans in OWB because we do all interceptor/decorator stuff using proxy and @Dependent scoped beans do not require client proxy.

Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans are useful or necessary?

Thanks;

--Gurkan