[weld-dev] Using Interceptor/Decorator On Dependent Scoped Beans

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 14:03:35 EDT 2009

According to the intro in Chapter 8. Decorators:

"Decorators may be associated with any managed bean that is not itself an
interceptor or decorator or with any EJB session bean."

Dependent-scoped beans are managed beans, so ergo, they must allow
decorators.

I can't provide a use case off the top of my head (just not something my
mind is currently chewing on).

-Dan

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 1:53 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <gurkanerdogdu at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Hi;
>

> Does the 299 specification indicate that interceptors and decorators should
> not be called for dependent scoped beans?
>
> Currently we do not implement Interceptor/Decorator on @Dependent scoped
> beans in OWB because we do all interceptor/decorator stuff using proxy and
> @Dependent scoped beans do not require client proxy.
>
> Does anyone has a good use case/example when dependent scoped beans are
> useful or necessary?
>
> Thanks;
>
> --Gurkan

Dan Allen