[weld-dev] Automatic non contextual injection using bytecode instrumentation

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 01:32:53 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Marius Bogoevici <mariusb at redhat.com>wrote:

> I think it would be something nice to have. For example, Spring does this
> via @Configurable, backed by AspectJ.

I've been asked about support for something akin to @Configurable after
numerous presentations I've given on CDI. I wasn't quite clear what
@Configurable was all about, but now I see. So yes, we could say that this
has been a frequently requested feature and would definitely be worth
exploring.

...in fact, as I was walking today, I thought to myself "is the new keyword
dead? what was it like when we had to use it?". This brings everything back
full circle so that you can still create objects in the classic way, but
benefit from modern programming model patterns. Quite brilliant.

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597