[weld-dev] Stateless scope in Weld?

Dan Allen dan.j.allen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 17:25:36 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 11:24, Clint Popetz <cpopetz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Adam Warski <adam at warski.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> have you considered adding a stateless scope to Weld?
>>

> I've definitely felt the paint of not having this, for all the reasons
> stated.

I agree with both of you and have attempted to defend this position in the
past. I thought using a dependent-scoped bean with Instance<T>#get() would
be sufficient, but I didn't think about the passivation requirement. We need
a truly stateless scope in CDI. I define it as a non-storing context. The
reference is resolved each time the proxy dereferenced (method call).

-Dan

--
Dan Allen
Registered Linux User #231597