[weld-dev] Next stable version is 2.4.0

Matej Novotny manovotn at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 06:47:52 EDT 2016

Hi Emily,

the 2.4 release is a continuation of 2.3.x releases.
And you will be able to smoothly upgrade Weld from 2.3 to 2.4.

We simply felt that there will be some more changes included and so
it would be fitting to increase the minor version of project (instead of micro one).

As for WELD-1574, we shall evaluate the efforts needed for backporting this from Weld 3.x to 2.4x and make a desicion based on that.
As 2.4 is a continuation of 2.3 branch, you have your answer there - no need to backport it to 2.3.x.

Regards
Matej