[wildfly-dev] Design of clustering subsystem for Wildfly

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 20:19:53 EDT 2013

The security issue is critical. If a JGroups channel allows access to
the management layer, that channel is equivalent to any of our other
management interfaces and has to be secured in an equivalent manner.

That means the channel will need to authenticate users against the
management security realm. That realm supports client cert, digest and
plain-text authentication mechanisms, plus the "local" mechanisms. The
credentials provided by the user would need to propagate.

On 6/17/13 3:52 PM, Richard Achmatowicz wrote:
> Hi
>
> For part of the AS8 release, we are considering a new subsystem, called
> cluster, which will provide a cluster-wide view of metrics associated
> with applications deployed in a cluster.  The idea for such a subsystem
> has been around for a while (see WFLY-1236). The status is currently
> experimental.
>
> I have put together a document describing in overview what the purpose
> of the subsystem is and what it might look iike. I am also in the
> process of building a working version of the subsystem, as a kind of
> proof of concept.
>
> For anyone interested, please have a look at the design document:
> https://community.jboss.org/wiki/DesignForClusteringSubsystemWFLY-1430
>
> Any feedback is appreciated.
>
> Richard

Principal Software Engineer