[wildfly-dev] URGENT - RELEASE NOTES

Darran Lofthouse darran.lofthouse at jboss.com
Tue Feb 11 12:25:37 EST 2014

You already have items related to access control and audit logging but a
few I think we are missing: -

* Group Loading from LDAP within Security Realms *

The security realm capabilities have been enhanced so that in addition
to authenticating the management users against LDAP we now support the
roles used by access control.

* LDAP Caching *

The authentication against LDAP has been enhanced to cache the results
of previous authentications to reduce the number of times we need to
communicate with LDAP, this same caching mechanism is also used to cache
the results from searching LDAP for a users group membership
information.  The caches support two different caching strategies and
runtime operations to see the current cache sizes, check the contents
and either selectively flush individual entries from the cache or flush
the entire cache.

* CLI Aliases *

Within the CLI configuration it is now possible to define aliases to
servers that you regularly connect to allowing you to specify the name
of an alias when using the 'connect' command instead of requiring the
full URL.

Regards,
Darran Lofthouse.