[wildfly-dev] URGENT - RELEASE NOTES

Stefan Guilhen sguilhen at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 13:36:08 EST 2014

Security manager and security permissions features:

- security manager subsystem that installs the WildFlySecurityManager
and allows specification of seurity permissions that are to be applied
to all deployments;
- parsing of META-INF/permissions.xml as per spec: subdeployments cannot
define their own permissions. Instead they can only inherit permissions
(if any) from the parent EAR;
- parsing of META-INF/jboss-permissions.xml: WF-specific descriptor that
allows subdeployments to define their own set of permissions regardless
of those declared at the EAR level;
- jboss modules also allow for the configuration of permissions in
module.xml;
- more efficient usage of privileged blocks: they are only used if the
WildFlySecurityManager is active.

That's what I remember right now
Stefan