[wildfly-dev] set instance-id as default in web subsystem

Tomaž Cerar tomaz.cerar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 06:48:34 EST 2014

Hey,

this is not proper mailing list for this kind of questions anymore given
that wildfly does not contain web subsystem anymore.

in any case, my memory around this is fading so take this with grain of
salt :-)

if instance-id is not set if defaults to jboss.node.name in case you are
proxying directly to web, but in case of mod-cluster integration mod
cluster generates its own id that does not folow same convetion unless
instance-id is defined.
I don't see any big reason why not change default, but it should in any
case get bugzilla entry so it could be considered for fix in EAP.

I will make sure undertow's instance-id will have proper defaults but for
EAP go trough "official" channels.

--
tomaz