[wildfly-dev] Management operation for legacy subsystem migration

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 14:21:41 EDT 2015

On 4/29/15 3:09 PM, Tomasz Adamski wrote:
>>From the iiop perspective:
> Conversion between subsystems is fairy staightforward as they are very similiar. The problem is that the jacorb subsystem, from which :migrate operation is executed, has also a compatibility subsystem role. What is more it behaves differently in standalone and domain mode. Standalone subsystem emulates jacorb and as a result of that it checks that all properties can be emulated - it they can't the server won't start. On the other hand domain controller does not reject properties as it may send them to hosts with jacorb subsystem. So migrate operation in standalone mode works the way Jeff describe it but the "rinse and repeat" stage is moved to server startup.

We could consider being more forgiving in admin-only mode; instead of
failing, log ERROR messages. That gives the user the option to fix stuff.

It would be very good to be able to take an AS 7 / WF 8 / EAP 6 config
and be able to bring it into compliance with WF 10 without having to use
anything but the management API.

> It has a runtime though. Migrate operation in domain mode requires discussion. Point 3 does not apply to iiop - no data is moved.

Senior Principal Software Engineer