[wildfly-dev] clarification on why Wildfly versions are increasing so quickly

Karl Pietrzak kap4020 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:38:49 EDT 2015

Hi everyone!

First off, kudos to everyone for a great product!

Secondly, I'm wondering if someone could explain to me the significance of
the quick succession of Wildfly version upgrades: from 8 -> 9 -> 10 (soon).

It seemed like we were on JBoss 7.x for a long time, and now the top link
at http://wildfly.org/downloads/ is actually the Wildfly 10.x beta.

Does this represent:
1. a sudden increase in contributions and feature work?
2. shift in marketing (i.e., no underlying tech changes)
3. something else

Our concern is that this represents some instability / internal dynamics /
change in policy that would encourage us to visit other app servers.

Thank you!

--
Karl